Flying Purple Hippos Forums
Shuskee

2018 - 2020 international footy thread

guys

after the world cup, Iceland Hero Coach Heimir Hallgrímsson resigned to devote himself to dentistry. He was replaced by Erik Hamrén

Erik Hamrén has been in charge of the Sweden national team for the past seven years. Sweden sucked for the past seven years. Tons of Swedish fans claimed that Hamrén is an incredibly bad choice for Iceland

Today Iceland played their first game under Hamrén and duly got 6-0d by Switzerland

I fear that the sagas might be over :emo:

• I'm with stupid 2

I just hope Canada can put together a pretty solid effort against the US VIRGIN ISLANDS tomorrow

best part of ENG-SPA is that england fans believe they have been cheated, which makes them more upset

hold on other federations are doing this league of nations thing too?

Cuba 11 - 0 Turks and Caicos Islands

jesus christ turks and caicos islands you're in the caribbean not in polynesia get your shit together

• I'm with stupid 1

turks and caicos islands have the following coat of arms:

693px-Coat-of-arms-of-the-Turks-and-Caic

a++, I especially like the fact that they took care to include the entire gross snail that inhabits the conch and also something that's either a badminton shuttle or a green ghost wearing a very large condom on its head.

also more coats of arms should be flanked by flamingos and also the colouring of the helm makes it look like a chivalric dolphin, really I feel this should get included in the coat of arms hall of fame with mozambique and north korea

• I'm with stupid 3

Screenshot_2018-09-08 Southgate England non-existent against major countries.png

"We want to test ourselves against the best," he told a pre-match news conference.

"It is very rare since 1970 we have beaten those top teams. Ideally over the next couple of years we want to get a record of beating top teams."

You go Gareth, show them swamp Granadians some King and Country, wot

Screenshot_2018-09-08 England 1-2 Spain Hosts lose Nations League opener at Wembley.png

oh

can't wait until I finally read the Wikipedia for "UEFA Nations League" so I can understand what the hell is going on

• I'm with stupid 1

hold on other federations are doing this league of nations thing too?

Cuba 11 - 0 Turks and Caicos Islands

jesus christ turks and caicos islands you're in the caribbean not in polynesia get your shit together

beautiful to see CONCACAF carrying on the legacy of Chuck Blazer (RIP) by making up new tournaments to get bribes from

Jonathan David, Lucas Cavallini and Cyle Larin each scored twice Sunday, helping Canada open its CONCACAF Nations League qualifying campaign with a record 8-0 win over the outmatched U.S Virgin Islands.

It marked the Canadian men's biggest win, surpassing a 7-0 victory in St. Lucia in October 2011. And it marks only the second time a Canadian men's team has ever scored more than five goals.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/canada-us-virgin-islands-soccer-1.4816635

Even a better scoreline than Curacao managed against the U.S. Virgin Islands

Clearly, we're going places

personally I think it's incredibly hilarious that spain can beat croatia 6-0 but they got nowhere at the world cup because of ridiculous last minute coach drama

thank god I never learned what the UEFA Nations League is or else I would be really mad right now

Edited by Lief

No idea how UEFA managed to do this but Burger King Presents the Gazprom UEFA Nations League (Sponsored by Volkswagen) has turned out to be pretty good???

I hope they defeat brazil as much as that would hurt

fucking PERU!!

if peru win a thing then Martin will have to return and be our king again and lead the clan to glory 

IT IS FORETOLD 

• Dugong 1