Flying Purple Hippos Forums
Flint of Dark Flame

2018-2019 Club Footy Thread

I have lost my brief hold over 2nd in FPL hippo league because joost had the foresight to select, yes, a burnley forward

guys the gameweek starts TODAY, remember to make your transfers in the next 5 minutes

Edited by Lief

lmao it was a literal canadian scoring a prem league goal, what a time to be alive

also welcome to the doherty goal party, the entire clan is invited except elpea

thirty postponements later, it turns out it doesn't

needless to say, this matchup has delivered

~since then~

- it was going to be played the next day, but the next day boca players were still unfit to play, so it was postponed, again, until later

- it was decided that fuck it, it's impossible to play this in argentina. let's move it to dubai

- it was decided that fuck dubai and they officially settled on playing this final of copa libertadores, named after the leaders of independence wars against spain, at literally santiago bernabeu

- like thirty trillion argentinian expats in spain queued up to buy tickets

- today river announced that they refuse to play anywhere outside their home ground and urged the argentinian fa to get their shit together

• I'm with stupid 1

reminder that the FPH BI-ANNUAL PEAK BANTER FESTIVAL, THE HALLOWED NORTH LONDON DERBY, is tomorrow

be there or be square

• I'm with stupid 3

reminder that the FPH BI-ANNUAL PEAK BANTER FESTIVAL, THE HALLOWED NORTH LONDON DERBY, is tomorrow

be there or be square

update: it was good :!emo:

I had a very important philosophic discussion with shusky

would you rather fight one lukaku-sized curly fries or a hundred curly-fry sized lukakus

• I'm with stupid 1

be there or be square

update: it was good :!emo:

no

• I'm with stupid 1

here I thought I had you all dead in the water this week, the only one I could beat was shuskee :liefsopinionsonfootball:

Honestly if I just copied Deef's team and then just did the weekly injury subs I would be Hyundaing by now

do you know how much work this actually is

the only reason joost is ahead of me is because he doubled up on poolfenders while I started with fucking maguire and kompany, because he actually knew something about football, which is obviously cheating

I mean picking kloppfenders is usually the stupidest thing you can do

But we have entered a bizarro world where moaninho cannot even keep clean sheets

Edited by Veggie

By the end of the week it is likely to appear that my strategy is to have no defenders at all :liefsopinionsonfootball: