Flying Purple Hippos Forums
Frog

CURLING TOURNAMENT ROUND ROBIN LEADER CLUB

the most prestigious and exclusive club reserved for those who can execute the double takeout, draw the button, and peel the guards with precision and purpose

• I'm with stupid 2

Canada faces the only team that beat them in the group stage, Norway, tonight in the semis .D.

Also I guess they trounced South Korea in the last round robin game but I didn't watch that one, while Norway had to play a tiebreaker with China just to get into the playoffs

"There are a lot of ups and downs in mixed doubles," Morris said. "It's really easy to get down on yourself. I think the key strength to our team is our dynamic. We have a really positive dynamic. We communicated really well in some challenging moments this week."

At the Olympics, there would be more adversity to overcome as a team.

Lawes had played brilliantly early in the tournament, but in the semifinal against Norway, she found herself struggling in the first half of the game. At the break, Morris told her how much he believed in her ability to make shots. In the second half, Lawes was nearly perfect.
"John just reassured me we have to be patient and we'll find a way. He gave me the confidence to make those last shots when I needed it," Lawes said.
"That's a great teammate right there. To not give up on yourself or your teammate. I'm really lucky John brought out the best of me this week."

Why am I so happy for our Mixed Doubles team :canada:

A week ago I didn't even know this was a thing

or remember the Olympics were starting

god hates women (after 3 matches our women's team is the only one that hasn't won a game, men's team undefeated)

front and center on the website of canada's public broadcaster:

how our women's curling team earned karmic punishment for showing poor etiquette

Well, our women's team managed to take their first win

Our mixed doubles' team success is translating into mixed success of our teams :arms: