Sign in to follow this  
Lucianox

civ 6

all the tech quotes are delivered by Sean Bean

this game owns

I did not have to hear that

you did not have to tell me that

Update:

Game 1 I cocked up everything, had no idea what I was doing, was bored as a result, quit

Game 2 I actually started planning, made a Norway that focused on trade + navy + faith, i played ok but faaaar from optimal but this is fun

I suspect this is a Good Civ Game.

Districts are a fucking awesome addition to the game (basically there's a seperate tile for culture buildings, army buildings, science buildings, etc, they're expensive to build (like seriously it's the renaissance and these fuckers still take 16 turns in a big town, 40 in a new one), they require some serious thinking w.r.t. placement)

Government form has a card system which is definitely interesting and really lets you stack bonuses that suit your needs

AI is still dumb though and they all hate you

will give it another try tonight. Seems absurdly important to get your build order right, if you faff about for 15 moves in the early game you'll just be fucked later.

My first game sucked too. Superprotips:

- Industry sectors are important, and in fact later on give industry bonuses to every city within 6 tiles from it. This can stack pretty hard if you have 3 of these sectors hitting 3 cities each.

- Generally, start planning where you want which district;. Build campuses next to mountains; trading posts next to luxury resources; harbors next to fish; trading posts and harbors next to each other; faith hatcheries next to mountains, natural wonders, or woods; and industry next to mines. Variations apply per civ (germany has Hansa sectors over industry, and they like luxury instead of mines iirc; brazil has some jungle bonuses; etc.) Specializing cities means careful planning. I missed out on thousands of faith over the course of the game because I could only put two norwegian stave church'd up faith districts around a natural wonder instead of three; adding a third meant having to delete woods, which wasn't worth it.

- Pick a victory strategy early, aggressively pursue it. Want to win by religion? Pick your religion to suit that need. If you're going wonders, that means going culture victory - otherwise only get wonders that really work well with your strategy.

- Up the difficult a notch. The hatred for certain civs really keeps you going.

On that note, FUCK YOU VICKY. I TOLD YOU NOT TO FUCKING CONVERT MY CITIES, YOU PROMISED, THEN CONVERTED ALL MY FUCKING ODIN-WORSHIPPING COLONIES TO ICKY PROTESTANTISM LITERALLY THE VERY NEXT TURN. WE HAD A FUCKING FORMAL FRIENDSHIP AND AN ALLIANCE THAT JUST RAN OUT. NOW I HAVE TO DESTROY YOU AND I SPENT HALF THE GAME KEEPING YOUR SMUG ENGLISH FACE HAPPY.

I haven't even gotten that far yet before getting frustrated and alt+f4ing. Maybe I just need to set it to easy and sandbox the shit to learn things.

Then you focus on industry, encampments, getting precious military resources (horses & iron & niter & uranium), and make sure to rush a player early on to eat their juicy city, and most of all keep spamming archers

MONTEZUMA BUILD ORDER:

Eagle Warrior --> Worker (to get the bonus on the craftsmanship tech, which has the +50% military production policy) --> Eagle Warrior --> Eagle Warrior --> Eagle Warrior --> Eagle Warrior --> Eagle Warrior --> &cetera

Never make a worker of your own or a city of your own, just take theirs. Never build districts with cities, use stolen workers instead. kill everything

• I'm with stupid 1

The Aztec eagle warrior spam is so good, I love that. Also Gilgamesh and invincible DONKEY CARTS

Overall the game is Very Good, but the UI is so, so terrible. Mods should fix that soon and then patches eventually though. Also I think they need to boost production a bit, though once you learn to build industrial districts and stack their effects it gets a little easier.

which of you suckers bought this and is it worth the sale price

I think it's worth $30. Not really worth $60, though I guess I did play like 120 hours before getting sick of it.

yesss the new expansion is bringing polders back and now you can actually build them on the coast to reclaim land

• I'm with stupid 1