Flying Purple Hippos Forums
Dan

Thread concerning John's obligations

Best sci-fi flick I've seen in a while. Every time I watch a movie with Tom Cruise in it I want to hate it but he's really actually a good actor.

Anyways, discuss!

• I'm with stupid 1

Also

it was ENTIRELY predictable that he would lose the power before the final showdown, heroically sacrifice himself to beat the baddy, then wake up again anyway so that the american public gets a happy end

I was kind of hoping he would heroically sacrifice himself to beat the baddie, they would invade, win, no one would ever know what he did, etc.

I'm pretty sure that's how it was supposed to end, but producers said

No, change the ending so he lives

Why would a 2 minute scene in the end invalidate an entire movie? I thought it was good and fun and is probably the movie that most closely resembles a video game ever, not in like a mortal kombat way, but actually the feeling of playing a hard video game.

I thought it was cool, and decided to ignore the last 2 minutes the moment I came out of the theater

Edited by Mike
  • I'm with stupid 2

Watching the movie. It's awful so far where I don't want to watch it anymore but I so want to see this awful last 2 minutes.

There's 0 development anywhere of interest because the entire god damn plot scheme of the movie is it repeats itself so the only character that could develop is the main one, but he really doesn't, just dials down his dumbass. 0 points of interesting plot. Entirely predictable. Snooooze.

• I'm with stupid 1

ITT: Children who think this passes as a decent movie because it resembles video games apparently.

• I'm with stupid 1

It's fine that you didn't like this movie, just don't expect to convince the rest of the world that they shouldn't have liked it either.

Groundhog Day was a good movie. This isn't though

HERE LET ME PARAPHRASE A CRITIC I AGREE WITH:

Groundhog Day is a about a man forced to relive the same completely ordinary day over and over again until he overcomes his self-regard. Edge of Tomorrow is about a soldier forced to relive a day of shooting aliens over and over again until he's a gun-toting badass. See the difference?