Flying Purple Hippos Forums
Lucianox

you guys are no longer intellectually interesting

But given traditional Western myths about the correlation of penis size and sexual prowess, wouldn't big penises be 'giving' more often, thus leading to hordes of literally butthurt gays who suffer from traditional and ritualised sexual power relationships even in their resistant homosexual social formations :considerably:

My upcoming Stupendously Difficult To Understand Dissertation will build on this insight to explore how the gay oversize penis is at once a cipher for displaced mainstream power relations amongst the sexually marginal, and also a token for the missing figure of the correct (i.e. heterosexual) phallus in a rather typical blend of psychoanalysis and second wave feminism.

(Seriously, that's why I hate feminist theory :v )

There's a difference between philosophical talk about the nature of man and neuroscientific discourse about the functions of the brain. For one, the former has an ethical dimension to it; for two, philosophy often revolves about the relation between the mind and the world, both in subjective and objective terms, which is a different question than what neurons fire to have a particular action performed. Not a clue where I'd tell you to start with neurophilosophy, it's so new that there really aren't any "classic" works which give you a good overview of what the hell is going on.

If you've read Kant on more than ethics, an interesting question that arises is the nature of time in experience, for example: is it just "there" or is it (a la kant) a manner in which we structure the world? You can draw from examples in neuroscience to point at the latter; you can seriously mess with someones experience of time in fundamental ways. Schizophrenics are the classical example.

Well this is why I pointed him to Spinoza in the sense that he is foundational to the immanent tradition. I haven't read Ethics back to front either, so I'll be reading it while he does as well. JOIN US AND WE CAN START A FPH PHILOSOPHY GROUP, Elpea too if you want

But given traditional Western myths about the correlation of penis size and sexual prowess, wouldn't big penises be 'giving' more often, thus leading to hordes of literally butthurt gays who suffer from traditional and ritualised sexual power relationships even in their resistant homosexual social formations :considerably:/>

ISN'T THIS LITERALLY WHAT HAPPENS except not traditional

and also except people who don't want to be bottom with blax etc. which is a thing

My upcoming Stupendously Difficult To Understand Dissertation will build on this insight to explore how the gay oversize penis is at once a cipher for displaced mainstream power relations amongst the sexually marginal, and also a token for the missing figure of the correct (i.e. heterosexual) phallus in a rather typical blend of psychoanalysis and second wave feminism.

(Seriously, that's why I hate feminist theory :v/>/> )

this is why the rest of the world hates non-exact science in general

There's a difference between philosophical talk about the nature of man and neuroscientific discourse about the functions of the brain. For one, the former has an ethical dimension to it; for two, philosophy often revolves about the relation between the mind and the world, both in subjective and objective terms, which is a different question than what neurons fire to have a particular action performed. Not a clue where I'd tell you to start with neurophilosophy, it's so new that there really aren't any "classic" works which give you a good overview of what the hell is going on.

If you've read Kant on more than ethics, an interesting question that arises is the nature of time in experience, for example: is it just "there" or is it (a la kant) a manner in which we structure the world? You can draw from examples in neuroscience to point at the latter; you can seriously mess with someones experience of time in fundamental ways. Schizophrenics are the classical example.

Well this is why I pointed him to Spinoza in the sense that he is foundational to the immanent tradition. I haven't read Ethics back to front either, so I'll be reading it while he does as well. JOIN US AND WE CAN START A FPH PHILOSOPHY GROUP, Elpea too if you want

OKAY I GUESS

Edited by Darkflame who likes the taste of poo

Good, because currently being delivered to my office is a thousand pages of Spinoza in various translations :considerably:

Salman Rushdie? Really? Is his recent stuff any good? I picked up something from him a few years ago and didn't work fo rme at all.

Dr Raider PhD is retrospectively awarded the 2014 January Heterosexuality Award for his dickgraph

The Effigy of Heterosexuality is transfixed

January_Award.gif

• I'm with stupid 1

wow we're giving the january heterosexuality award out for GRAPHS now?

this award's really going down the tubes

I read through the last fifty-odd pages of "The Unnamable" tonight. If you are ever thinking about doing such a thing, this is what you have to look forward to:

• All remaining fragments of the conventional novel are finally done away with.
  • Things said and then retracted but more likely just abandoned.
  • The last 4 pages are one sentence. Also, no such thing as a paragraph break.
  • nyum, hoo, plop, psss

Now to cease interactions with people/world generally.

Edited by Trahearne
  • I'm with stupid 1

Please I will join your Spinoza club

20140305_153929.jpg

Edited by Trahearne

I must say Spinoza makes his proofs evident to every moderately attentive reader.

Taking in Freud as a less taxing diversion from Bernhard and Spinoza, finding some anticipation of Freud in Spinoza.