Flying Purple Hippos Forums
Flint of Dark Flame

Thread concerning Dave's obligations

Link of the Week has jumped the shark.

fuck you black books is the best thing to ever happen :(

Don't get me wrong, it's a good link. Lots of laffs. But it's an episode of a TV show. That's not what link of the week is all about.

But how can you be really sure you understood Derrida if you haven't read Heidegger? And how can you understand Heidegger if you don't understand Hegel and Husserl? And how can you understand Hegel unless you understand Kant and Fichte and Schelling? And how can you understand Kant and Fichte and Schelling unless you read Wolff and Leibniz and Hume?

Our Lord says: So I was in America, and I got to see this tanned guy, what's his name, oh, right, Barack Obama, and he was telling me this and that about German Idealism and its effect on French post-structuralism and deconstructionist though, and I said, "You ever get a bunch of your college-aged fans together on a presidential yacht for some bunga-bunga," and he said it was distasteful and I said "No, that was the salad we had for lunch. In Italy we wouldn't give that shit to dogs."

• I'm with stupid 1